And you know what? We didn’t spend a single dollar on marketing. What does that mean? It means that you guys are the most incredible group of friends and readers that an indie author could hope for. That’s right, it’s all thanks to YOU.
|#8 on day one! Hi there, Mr. Penumbra.|
Writing a book means a lot of time by yourself but launching a book is all about community. Brad, Dane, Eugene, and the authors at FG Press blew my mind with their support. You guys, my friends, family, and readers took it to a level I never thought was possible. Together our voices can sing above the cacophony. Yesterday was an Olympic sprint and we killed it, tag team style.
But book launches are marathons, and we’re only now starting our journey. It’s time to turn up the volume and create momentum that amplifies our success so far. This is super important because we want Amazon’s algorithms to peg us as a snowball title and start cross-listing for recommendations which creates a positive feedback loop.
I can’t do it alone but, luckily, I’ve got best group of friends on Earth on my team. Everyone’s been asking what they can do to help. How ridiculously cool is that?! It blows me away every time.
Here’s what you can do:
- Purchase a copy, gift a copy, and share this Amazon link as far and wide as possible, nothing is more important than driving sales here right now: http://amzn.to/1i9KtoS
- Leave a review on Amazon/Goodreads/your own channels and share your thoughts on the book with your friends over a coffee or craft beer.
- Keep the magic flowing. Write about it on your blog, amplify posts, comments, articles, etc. through social media (ammunition content below). For you reference: #UncommonSTOCK, @eliotpeper, @MaraWinkel, @FGPress.
- Think outside the box. Going to SXSW? Can you give Uncommon Stock a call out in a presentation or pull a fun stunt? Do you need a speaker for an event on startups/tech/entrepreneurship/publishing, etc.? Would your company/organization/club/school like to do a bulk purchase, event, or feature in their newsletter?
- Explore new channels. We’re building a killer track record (see below) that should help us generate additional press coverage (another positive feedback loop). Can you introduce me to any bloggers/media folks/influencers who might be interested in doing a story? My press kit is available here.
- Share this post with anyone who might be willing to help or who’s dreamed of writing a book.
Thank you for all of your amazing efforts. It’s unreal to have such an accomplished and supportive groups of helping hands. Let’s go get ’em!
Here’s the quick and dirty update on Uncommon Stock‘s first day out of the gate:
- Uncommon Stock debuted at #8 in Technothriller books, #9 in Technothriller ebooks, and #25 in Thriller ebooks overall, and #1196 in the entire Kindle store. Holy shit. That is ridiculously awesome.
- We are currently on Amazon’s list for “Hot New Releases” in Technothrillers. FYI, this is one of the reasons we have to keep the good mojo flowing. The further, faster, and harder we push, the more that Amazon’s algorithms start to snowball and take on a life of their own.
- Uncommon Stock currently has an average 4.9 star Amazon rating on a base of 28 reviews. It also has a Goodreads rating of 5 stars on a base of 4 reviews.
- Amazon link (again): http://amzn.to/1i9KtoS
- Book landing page with free excerpt: http://bit.ly/1gRTfXz
- FG Press store link (currently the only place to order print copies): http://bit.ly/1fbFLmY
- My press kit: http://bit.ly/1dwM5ZZ
- “Startups get the ‘John Grisham’ treatment in entrepreneur-turned-author’s new novel”: http://bit.ly/P2SZ0D
- “Meet the ‘Lara Croft’ of startup founders”: http://bit.ly/1ieTOfd
- World leading startup accelerator Techstars announces giving the book to all current and future founders: http://bit.ly/1fHrncj
- “Uncommon Stock – The First Book From FG Press”: http://bit.ly/1icEB2w
- “Introducing FG Press & Uncommon Stock – a new Startup Thriller”: http://bit.ly/1dsAATf
- “Uncommon Stock: a (fiction) E-book About a Tech Startup”: http://bit.ly/1mZS13X
- My launch day blog post: http://bit.ly/P0wPvP
- Uncommon Stock received shout-outs yesterday from bestselling authors William Hertling, Ramez Naam, David Kadavy, Victor Hwang, Jason Gurley, and Phil Simon.
- David Cohen invited Mara, the protagonist of the story, to apply for Techstars and Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson agreed to consider investing in her startup :). Her voice was compared to Scarlett Johansson and FAKEGRIMLOCK live-tweeted his reading experience of the book.
- Seriously, check out the Twitter battle from yesterday between Mara and Brad Feld. It was epic (#UncommonSTOCK, @MaraWinkel, @eliotpeper, @bfeld, @jasonmendelson, etc.).
- We have received inquiries for interviews, voice acting for the audiobook, and writers/marketers wanting to know the secret of how we’re orchestrating PR.
Ready for it? Here’s the secret: this post + you guys = UNSTOPPABLE. Break out your sneakers, we’ve got a marathon to run.
|All thanks to YOU!|