- Live my life, pay attention, ask hard questions, engage in deep conversations, and follow my curiosity.
- Notice a story I want to exist in the world.
- Write it.
- Edit it.
- Finish it.
- Share it with people who have a specific, personal reason to love it.
- Publish it (myself or with a publisher).
- Reflect on what I can learn from it.
I suspect that #1, #5, and #9 may be the most important. The order of #6-#9 varies. Only time will tell if this continues working for me. I reserve the right to switch things up entirely for any damn reason I please. This may or may not work for you.
Complement with advice for authors, my conversations with fellow writers, and finding your voice.
This blog exists thanks to the generous support of loyal readers. Become a member.